About 21

The founder's story

Motivated by her search for a cleaner fragrance and with an aspiration to build an entirely ethically minded business, Sarah Bell founded Evermore in 2014. With a desire to work creatively with her own two hands, she took candle making up as a hobby. Sarah was shocked by the raw materials used in many candle-making kits and it soon began to unfold that there was a market for a natural alternative.

Late nights researching waxes, wicks and fragrance ratios followed, until eventually she discovered the perfect blend of vegan wax and luxury scents that inhabit each Evermore candle today.

In 2019, Sarah rebranded the business with this statement mission at the heart of everything we do today – ‘Evermore London is the UK’s first luxury candle company for those who care about the environment and sustainability.’

Our candles

Staying true to the values set-out by Sarah in 2014, our candles are poured by hand in the UK, as opposed to by machine, to help reduce emissions and energy use.

We use natural rapeseed wax in our candles – a much more sustainable option than paraffin. Rapeseed is grown locally in the UK and Europe, it’s both good for our health and it helps restore the wild bee population. We choose not to use beeswax in our candles out of respect for our vegan customers. Additionally, honeybees managed for the mass production of their wax are commonly poorly treated and the hives often exacerbate the existing pressures on wild honey bees.

The Evermore Candle Collection
Evermore North Candle

The spark of an idea

Creating a brand with an affinity to the natural world means investing in our planet and taking the necessary actions to leave as little impact on this Earth as possible.

These concerns trickle down to the decisions we make on a daily basis – we believe that taking care of the environment is everyone’s responsibility, from our employees and stakeholders to our suppliers and customers.

Raw materials

We add a percentage of essential oils to our fragrances to bring a touch of the natural world and aromatherapy to our scents. We only use essential oils that are sustainably farmed and never from endangered species.

We use phthalate-free perfumes to bring a wider range of notes, it also allows us to ethically use the synthetic version of essential oils that are either endangered or banned – synthetic shouldn’t be a dirty word. Our oils are IFRA approved, meaning they meet all safety and sustainability standards. They ensure that our factory is working to reduce emissions and waste alongside conserving water and energy.

Toxin free candles

Our packaging

We promise to never use plastic in any of our packaging. Our boxes are 100% recyclable and FSC certified. When we re-branded the company in 2019, we made the conscious decision not to wrap our boxes in cellophane, unlike many other luxury brands.

Our glass is made from part-recycled glass and is 100% recyclable, we also encourage our customers to re-use their jars once the candle has finished burning.

Remaining true to our promise, we don’t use any plastic in our e-commerce parcels either: the box, packing and tissue are all recyclable and our sticker labels are biodegradable.

It’s important to us that we work with suppliers who follow the same environmental polices we do. We request up-to-date audits and certifications from our suppliers to ensure that they meet our environmental requirements. This includes monitoring greenhouse gas emissions, efforts made towards improving energy and water efficiency and waste management. 80% of our supply chain is sourced and manufactured within the UK, helping to support local craftsmanship and labour. We are working to bring the remaining 20% closer to home.

DISCOVER OUR CANDLES
Evermore London Tides Candle - Yellow box and black glass

The Collection

Hand-crafted with expert care, our range of unique, vegan fragrances are designed to suit all homes and spaces.

SHOP NOW

Please enter your email address and we'll send you an email with a password reset link

Please enter your email address and we'll send you an email with a password reset link

Don't have an account? Create one today.

No products in the basket.